Jun 03 2009
Last Day of School
“You’re a very special person,
And I wanted you to know,
How much I enjoyed being your teacher,
How fast the year did go!
Please come back to visit me,
As through the grades you grow,
Try hard to learn all that you can,
There is so much to know!
The one thing I tried to teach you, to last your whole life through,
Is to know that you are SPECIAL,
There is no one else like you!
Here are a few items to help you remember to celebrate you and your successes:
- Toothpick – to remind you to pick out the good qualities in others.
- Rubber Band – to remind you to be flexible, things might not always go the way you want, but it will work out.
- Band Aid – to remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or someone else’s.
- Pencil – to remind you to list your blessings every day.
- Eraser – to remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and it’s O.K.
- Chewing Gum – to remind you to stick with it and you can accomplish anything!
- Mint – to remind you that you are worth a “mint”.
Then, I shake their hands, tell them one or two quick words of encouragement, and wish them a happy and safe summer vacation. Hoping that all of you have had a very successful school year.
‘Talk to each other, support each other, take care of each other.
The above was seen at Mr. Marjan Glavac author, editor, teacher FR-EE subscription to How To Make A Difference Newsletter http://www.howtomakeadifference.com/ebook.htm. ‘There are no boundaries for the journeys of the mind.’